Did you know you can take your bike on the train? With the Expo train to Santa Monica almost here, BikeCulverCity with sponsorship from Metro will be hosting a morning and afternoon clinic to demonstrate how easy it is to use local transit to further reduce traffic.
Led by League of American Bicyclist instructors, this 3 hour clinic will cover the following:
- Planning a Trip To and From The Nearest Metro Station
- A Brief Overview of The Rules of The Road
- Proper Helmet Fitting
- 3 Point Bike Check
- Stopping, Scanning, Signaling
- How To Place Your Bike On A Bus Rack
- How To Properly Lock Your Bike To A Stationary Bike Rack
- How To Purchase, Load and Use A Metro Tap Card
- How to Board The Train With Your Bike and Where to Place Your Bike When Boarding The Train
Note: All of the material will be covered in 4 rotating stations ending with an instructor led
bike ride to 1 of 2 Metro Expo light rail stations on opening weekend of Expo Phase II from Culver City to Santa Monica.
Registered participants will receive the following:
- Goody Bag of goodies from participating sponsors.
- Certificate of Completion for all registered participants that complete all 4 stations and the instructor led bike ride
- 1 Raffle Ticket